The Palestine Board of Trustees met in regular session on November
1, 2007, at 6:00 PM.
Jim Clark and Margaret Littlejohn were also present.
Visitors present were Beulah Bowman, Bob Taylor, John Maddox, and Robinson Daily News Reporter, Tom Osborne.
The meeting began with all in attendance reciting the Pledge of Allegiance.
The minutes of the last meeting were approved as presented, by consensus.
1. The Sewer Lagoon Upgrade will start as soon as 2 valves arrive. They are on order.
2. Beulah Bowen gave a report on the Main Street Park.
1. The Employee Christmas Party was discussed. By acclamation the party was approved for 5:30 P.M. on Saturday, December 8. There will be a presentation on the Rain Forrest Project.
2. The ton truck used by the village employees has been repaired by the DPW at a cost of $796 for parts. J.D. Kimberlin moved, seconded by David Branson, to pay $796 for the parts. Motion passed unanimously.
3. The Village has signed an oil and gas lease with Pioneer Oil Co. for the 18 A. property south of town located at N2 N2 Sec. 15, T16N, R11W known as “the old dump.” The Village will receive 1/8 of the comunitized project.
4. A SANITARY DISPOSAL BOARD has been created as per our city ordinance 14.09. Mayor Pat Schofield has appointed Gene Purcell, David Branson, and J.D. Kimberlin to serve on the board.
5. A motion was made to amend the Burn Ordinance 14.09 by Gene Purcell, and seconded by David Branson to approve the change. Motion passed unanimously. The ordinance added that burning days and times shall be “namely” ONLY FROM SUNUP TO SUNDOWN ON SATURDAYS AND SUNDAYS, (AS APPROVED BY THE Board of Trustees on April 6, 2006) and that the following shall be added “Permits will be available for friendly fires for Weiner roasts, etc., and approved by specific request.”
6. The Truth in Taxation meeting was held at 5:30 P.M. November 1, 2007 with one person attending in addition to the Board of Directors and Village Office Employees.
J.D. Kimberlin is in charge of The Pioneer Room for the month of November.
A flock of bats had invaded the Fife Building and were eliminated by our varmint control officer.
A bible study group requested permission to use the Pioneer Room for their weekly study. They were rejected by unanimous decision.
Police Chief, Jim Clark presented his monthly report.
Gene Purcell moved, seconded by Walt Fritchie, that the meeting adjourn. Motion passed unanimously.
The meeting adjourned at 6:00 P.M.